Control & Instrumentation Technician - Field Technician
Control & Instrumentation Technician – Field Technician
Excellent opportunity for a Control & Instrumentation Technician to join a leading company who provide pressure, temperature, level, flow, valves and analytical instrumentation solutions and services across all industries in the UK. Our clients head office is Manchester however this is field based around the Sheffield area.
The successful candidate will calibrate, service, commission, install/remove, fault find and repair a range of electronic and mechanical process control and measurement instrumentation. The main duties of the post holder will involve process instrumentation such a flow, pressure, level, temperature, analytical, machine monitoring and other associated process instrumentation.
The position will involve the candidate working in a wide range of industries such as power, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, oil & gas, chemical & petrochemical, paper & pulp, water & utilities.
Responsibilities / Skills required:
• Commissioning, calibration, installation/removal, fault finding and repair of all types of process instrumentation both onsite and offsite.
• To liaise with the service co-ordinators to ensure that all spares, tools and paperwork is available to enable them to carry out their duties.
• To liaise with customers when required prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job, customer expectations and to advise estimated time of arrival and possible delays that may be anticipated.
• Ideally qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in instruments, electronics/electrical or control elements.
• Ideally will have completed a relevant instrumentation / process control apprenticeship.
• Have recent history of commissioning, servicing, calibrating a range of mechanical and electrical process instrumentation.
• Experience of the use of calibration equipment, Beamex preferably and the Beamex CMX calibration system.
• Full UK driving license.
• Any previous qualifications such as confined space, Compex, IPAF or other specific instrument or site related qualifications would be an advantage.
- Client –
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for a field technician from a mechanical or instrumental background who has recent history of commissioning, servicing, calibrating a range of mechanical and electrical process instrumentation.
Salary / benefits:
£25,000 to £32,000 depending on experience
Company Van with fuel card, tools, mobile, laptop, service bonus scheme and £50 per night overnight stay bonus
Sheffield – Field based
Please send your CV to Mark Chaumeton of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Control & Instrumentation Technician
Based in Sheffield