Managed Service Systems Engineer Job Description
IT Systems Engineer Job Description
Managed Service Provider
To be responsible for providing IT Support to a range of organisations, typically within the SME marketplace. You will provide a range of 1st / 2nd and 3rd line technical support on a range of Systems, offering consultancy and advice to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise on a wide range of IT issues relating to Microsoft Systems, Networking, Network Security, remote access and related hardware and software.
- To provide support and advice on a wide range of client environments, which will include technology planning, disaster recovery and new systems upgrades and implementations.
- Provide support on a range of Managed and Hosted Solutions.
- Provide client support and technical resolution
- Consult with 3rd party suppliers to help assist customers with their IT issues.
- Monitoring client IT systems to ensure a high level of performance
- Communicate with customers to keep them updated of incident progress and notifying them of systems maintenance
Skills / Attributes Required
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Software and related technology.
- Proven experience of providing 1st and 2nd line support
- It woud be desirable to be Microsoft Certified (MCSE / MCSA or MCITP)
- Strong communication skills
- It would be desirable to have previously worked for an IT Service Provider / MSP.
£25,000 to £35,000