What to Include in a Project Manager Job Spec TUESDAY, 30 JANUARY 2018
When you are looking at recruiting a new Project Manager, it is paramount that you put together a detailed role description so that applicants understand the remit of the role, what is expected of them in the role and what experience the company is looking for in the candidate. In short, a role description should leave the candidate in no doubt that they, not only, have the skills for the role but, more importantly, they are engaged by what’s involved in the role.
Below is a standard role description for a Project Manager vacancy that would be a good starting point.
YOUR COMPANY LOGO
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary & Benefits Details:
In this challenging role, the Project Manager will take responsibility for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of projects. This will include budget management, stakeholder engagement and resource planning – whilst remaining aligned to the company’s values and strategies.
- Plan, implement and report on all internal projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources – both workforce and technology
- Line management of the project team
- Manage budget
- Lead quality assurance
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
Education & Experience
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Theoretical knowledge and commercial project management experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools
- Strong budget management skills
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Ability to problem solve and to think critically
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation
- Budgetary control
For more information regarding role descriptions for your projects team or general recruitment advice, please speak to our specialist Project Management Recruiter Graham Auld or visit www.projectmanagerrecruitment.co.uk
About the Author
Graham Auld is a Senior Recruitment Consultant at CV Screen specialising in Project Manager Recruitment throughout the UK.
If you are looking for your next Project Management role, or have a vacancy you require assistance with please get in touch with Graham on Graham@cvscreen.co.uk or call on 0345 200 8170.